Saturday 30 April 2011

DAY30!!!!

Last Poem

Thirty poems, one a day
For every day in April
I'm glad to say I did it
One whole month of being faithful
But now I've got some extra work
Sorting wheat from chaff
Cuz some have turned out fairly well
And some, like this, are naff
But here's big fat shout out
To all who stood the test
Not for money or prestiege
Or finding out who's best
But just the exploration
The discipline of time
The digging and the seeking
The frustration, the sublime
I stepped outside my comfort zone
Did you step out of yours?
Were some of them an easy ride
And others hefty chores?
Did you wake in tiny hours
And scribble something down
Or strain for that elusive word
That still remains unfound?
Did you find a side of you
You didn't know was there?
Were there bits you didn't post
Too personal to share?
I, for one, am knackered
My pencil's in the drawer
I've done 30 new poems
I ain't got any more
I'm going down the pub now
To toast you with a beer
But I'm not entirely certain
If I'll be back next year.

1 comment:

  1. Whoooo hoooo!!! big up yourself, woman - good job! I feel I deserve a drink too - mango and pineapple smoothie, i reckon :0)

    ReplyDelete