Thursday 28 April 2011

Day 29

Royal Wedding 3
 
On the road between Hackney and Stratford
On a fairly typical trip
The homeless beg money 5 or 6 times
And it's not just to buy themselves shit

The benefit's squeezed till it's squeaking
The weak are sidelined and despised
We're too cheap to care for our needy
Too thick to question big lies

Each bomb costs around half a million
How many nurses is that?
And now there's a bill for a wedding
The Condems must think I'm a twat.

I know I'm lucky to still get a wage
But they tax me a third of my cash
And it's not spent on helping or healing
But policing a millionaire's bash

Oh, and warring and maiming and killing
And 'expenses' for gits in Armani
I want my dosh to go to the poor
Not princes, MPs and the army

Will's Gran's worth at least half a billion
His Dad owns a shitload of Cornwall
Why the fuck am I paying for any of this
How the fuck can there be any shortfall?

Can I get security too please?
I promise I'll pay for my marriage
If you'll foot the Bill when my brother
Gets pissed and throws up in the carriage

I'm sorry, it just defies reason
Like the monarchy, it's out of touch
So don't think I don't care about Will and Kate
I care - 20 million too much

No comments:

Post a Comment